Friday, May 25, 2012

Beautiful Yarns

Australian Country Spinners are currently creating beautiful publications and designs for their yarns. Their designer Ann, is creating some magic with this styling. I have just worked with her on a exciting pattern publication to be released in Winter 2013, a long way off, but worth the wait, as it includes designers Romance Was Born and First Born, and some construction designs from myself using their yarns. But right now in store I have some of their gorgeous yarns and patterns. I've never been tempted to work on other knitting patterns, but I'll certainly be knitting a few of these up for myself. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Merino/Angora/Silk blend - ooohhhh this is a stunning yarn, and I have the whole colour range in store. I quote from my Handknitters Yarn Guide that when angora is added to wool "The wool adds just enough drape to the fabric to be beneficial, while the presence of angora maintains a lightness and loft in the blend", and then of course the addition of silk adds a lovely lustre.
Crochet: I'm no expert with crochet, but you don't need to be for this publication; and it's encouraged me to make every design in here as each piece is gorgeous; from nanna squares to ponchos as pictured, to sweet little dresses, shorts and slippers. Keep a look out for Gather's crochet workshops of granny squares and basic stitches in June. The cotton yarn range for these patterns are in store. The yarn handles and drapes beautifully.
Mohiar, in chunky 12ply. Great patterns in this book, and as its a chunky yarn its quick, and easy beginner knitting. It's a great off-shoot from the construction knitting into the world of other knitting patterns. Nice colour range; I'm currently knitting the piece on the cover in the sage green.
Sock's are my next winter challenge. I have a range of this German sock yarn in store in 17 self-striping colour combinations and I plan to knit up every colour myself as its impossible to choose one colour over another. Keep a look out also for sock knitting workshops at Gather over June.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...More Beautiful Books